christopher north: links
- Giant Place Detail blog / Shua Group
- Case Closed
- Angela Biggs (Geneva Carr) has lost her son. In a desperate race against time, two police officers are willing to do whatever it takes to solve the case - except read the missing person's report. Ultimately they must all walk the fine line between "case closed" and "close enough." Score by CN. Just completed. Check out track on player.
- score notes
- Composer Spotlight for December on CN. Q'n'A with Tom Hoover.
- BMI news
- luncheon photo and info about the workshop
- BMI's Composing for the Screen: Film Scoring for a New Era
- CN was selected to participate in an intensive and experiential NYC-based film scoring workshop, directed by Rick Baitz.
Sponsored by BMI and The Manhattan Producers Alliance.
- all the happy creatures
- CN's working on some tracks for Alan Abbadessa's modern fable - a novel with webisodes coming soon.
- Sad Panda Fellowship - Animated Feature in the works
- clip of upcoming film by Jonathan Li
- Project Phi video game
- Sneak peak tracks.
- Variety's Review
- Variety's review of Lucky Days - "should have a healthy, cultish afterlife" with "Christopher North's music a notable asset".
- Lucky Days NYC Premiere in Brooklyn
- Just because you can take it doesn’t mean you should.
In a gritty, heartfelt romance laced with comedy and drama, Virginia (Angelica Torn) embarks on a quest for freedom during the last weekend of the summer.
After the reappearance of her childhood sweetheart (Luke Zarzecki), Virginia discovers hidden truths about her boyfriend (Federico Castelluccio) and her neighborhood that forces her to abandon everything she’s ever known to the wolf pack of developers buying up and tearing down the boardwalk, or sacrifice herself to the world that created her.
This last film championed by producer/ actor Paul Newman, Lucky Days is also the last movie filmed in the Coney Island Amusement Park and offers a final glimpse of this historical destination’s former glory that has been lost forever.
Also starring: Will Patton, Anne Jackson, Tina Benko, Marilyn Sokol, Gary Wolf, Frank Wood and Rip Torn.
August 6 at 9:00pm - August 12 at 9:00pm
285 Kent Avenue
- lucky days movie - site with trailer
- USA film festival
- Lucky Days screening with Rip Torn tribute
- Coney Island Film Festival
- Official selection for the CIFF in late September.
- lucky days movie
- cn has completed the score to Angelica Torn's film Lucky Days starring the actor/writer/director herself, Will Patton, Federico Castelluccio, Luke Zarzecki, Rip Torn and co-director Tony Torn
- official website
- Check out the trailer and recently added behind the scenes video!
- Easy links to everything about this film and score including itunes, cdbaby, the ensembles, a FAQ section and much more coming soon.
- Eroica Trio
- Beautifully brought to life 20 + minutes of christopher north / August Moon music for Eavesdrop in a day at Legacy studios.
- what a band! they came in and kicked the bernard hermann inspired tunes as well as channeled heavenly tones in "Rose" theme. This is the 2nd Quixotic Endeavors film score that Ethel played cn's music. Here's to many more....
- Carol Emanuel
- harpist extraordinaire! carol nailed all the film noir cues and even made the tune "noiree' all her own (from a lead sheet - how many harpists can do that?) She's one of a kind.
- Drummer Todd Isler
- Saxophonist Allen Won - Soprano and Tenor
- Bassist George Farmer
- Pianist Adam Morrison
- Trumpeter Ronnie ButtacavolI
- legacy studio
- Thanks fot Bojen and Reed for a very productive session in studo A.
CN on the web
- christopher north on cdbaby.com
- 8 releases so far with several others in the oven.
- cn's videos on youtube.com
- Music for dance videos just uploaded. Videos (2002 to 2003) for songs from de la sur including live with band at bitter end and music videos for "the other half." and 2006 Video for "Monster." More videos soon (including animated, candid and more archival dance footage)
- internet movie database
- info on cn, ernie hudson, "everything's jake," angelica torn, "lucky days", chris parnell and "eavesdrop"